Home | Ice Fishing Reports | HSOList Classifieds | HSOshow | Resorts,Guides,Boats | Ice Leaders | Business Services | Site Map | OutdoorProStore
@ the Leading Edge:
Search
Featured HSOList Classifieds
Shappell S2000 Portable Ice Shack / Fish House / Hunting Blind
St. Croix Premier 7? 9?, XXXHF Musky / Catfish Fishing Pole
6 X16 fish house
9 x 18 Ice House (skid) / Perfect for year-round use
Strikemaster Lazer Mag Xpress auger
Otter Cottage II portable
New Beretta 92FS 9mm
New Topics
Ice anchor to pull yourself out on the ice...
by RJMOEN
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Lac qui parle
by wish2getwalleye
Yesterday at 10:04 PM
pink spear
by hawkeye43
Yesterday at 10:00 PM
Events For You to Enjoy!
On The Forums ...
Hilldog! Oh this should help her in 2016
by pushbutton
10 minutes 2 seconds ago
Computer question
by Nick Kuhn
23 minutes 59 seconds ago
2014/2015 Ice Reports/Conditions
by nenzlick
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Gopher Football 2014
by schmitty3
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
pelican lake
by hockeybc69
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Ice/Water Rescue
by Boreas
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
Which combination of sonars get along best inside one fish house?
by walleyeking19
Yesterday at 11:13 PM
ice conditions!
by pushbutton
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
Lake Vermilion Fishing Reports by Casey's Guide Service (Everything else too)
by JerkinLips
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
my first pallid sturgeon! (video footage)
by fishcast
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Waterfowl Photos
by hockeybc69
Yesterday at 10:53 PM
Wheel house first timer - have questions
by 38bill
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
High Banks Resort!! READY for Winter!!!
by HIGHBANKS
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
How many holes you drill today?
by 20lbSloughShark
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
Escanaba in da Moonlight-Sap Whiskey?
by deerminator
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
FREE HSOList.com
Classifieds
Shappell S2000 Portable Ice Shack / Fish House / Hunting Blind
St. Croix Premier 7? 9?, XXXHF Musky / Catfish Fishing Pole
6 X16 fish house
Forum Stats
61821 Members
233 Forums
304580 Topics
2641070 Posts
Share HotSpotOutdoors with family & your good friends.
Who's Online
100 registered Members, 1232 Guests and YOU online now.

Become family and
share HSO.

"i'm having fun"
At the Leading Edge
"!!

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3102043 - 07/12/13 12:42 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: Scott K]
harvey lee Offline
HSO Legacy Member

Loc: SC MN
Originally Posted By: Scott K
I agree with lawdog on this one, he should have never been charged in the first place. The evidence wasnt there to proceed, but once the media circus went off on it, they then slapped together whatever hearsay, and non evidence they could, to quiet the masses.

I hope Zimmerman actually turns around and sues the court for his costs in this thing.

I totally agree Scott. I believe the state felt they had to do something so Zimmerman is thier scapegoat.

Everyone should and does have thier day in court but this case should never have gone there for the lack of substanial or factual evidence. Hearsay should not be enough to charge a person of any crime.

You may believe the grass is greener on the other side. If you take the time to water yours, it would be just as green.

#3102044 - 07/12/13 12:43 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: tacklejunkie]
Canon Guy Offline
Sr HSOList.com Family

Loc: St louis Park
Originally Posted By: tacklejunkie

And why is it assumed that black people will riot if ,in the likely event, Zimmerman is aquitted?

Ask the OP and some of those who responded to him? I'd like to hear their answers.
#3102060 - 07/12/13 01:38 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: harvey lee]
corncob Offline
Sr HotSpotOutdoors.com Family

Loc: Nevis,Minnesota
I have always felt that the jury instructions from the Judge can be very confusing as they are lengthy and filled with legal and evidence related terms, terms not normal to the average citizen.....Pages of instructions!........I have watched this scenario unfold many times in criminal trials and have come to believe that jurors come away with a highly elevated level of loyalty to the court and the legal system ,and an empowerment to adhere strickly to the letter of the law, which unfortunately has there mind spinning with the many aspects of the case including all the testimony, the attorney wranglings , the emotional closing arguments and jury instructions.......Confusing for sure. `

I NEED MORE LURES!..I didn't mean that honey ,really ,sorry.
#3102072 - 07/12/13 01:59 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: corncob]
harvey lee Offline
HSO Legacy Member

If thier minds are spinning, then there must not have been enough hard actual evidense to fine Zimmerman guilty of eother charge.

One has to deal with fact and the State has to prove beyond ANY reasonable doubt that Zimmerman is guilty. If there is any question in regards to this, then he should be found not guilty.

You may believe the grass is greener on the other side. If you take the time to water yours, it would be just as green.

#3102085 - 07/12/13 02:46 PM
toughguy Offline
Sr HSO Family

Loc: Lakeville, MN
#3102088 - 07/12/13 02:55 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: toughguy]
Slabasaurus Offline
Sr HSO Family

Loc: Blaine, MN
Well that certainly is an interestingly colorful tie given the circumstances....

It's not how you swim, it's how you hold your breath;
It's not about playin fair in this life, it's more about cheatin death...

TU Member
Federation of Fly Fishers Member
#3102089 - 07/12/13 03:00 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: Canon Guy]
bobbymalone Offline
HSO Legacy Member

Loc: Burnsville, MN
Originally Posted By: Canon Guy

Ask the OP and some of those who responded to him? I'd like to hear their answers.

Alex Jones told them so.
#3102092 - 07/12/13 03:08 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: bobbymalone]
toughguy Offline
Sr HSO Family

Loc: Lakeville, MN
Yeah I would have dressed the entire defense team and the defendant in green that day grin
#3102097 - 07/12/13 03:41 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: Whoaru99]
Kidd Offline
Sr HSO Family

Loc: Mars
Originally Posted By: Whoaru99
Florida law provides for deadly force self-defense even to the instigator if they believe they are at risk of grave injury or death from the other person.

I'm no legal eagle by any ones definition but I have to believe there's much more to it than what you've stated. The way I interpret this is if I go and pick a fight with someone (instigator), and if I start getting my azz handed to me, I can, by law, shoot the guy?

What am I missing here? confused

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
#3102102 - 07/12/13 03:46 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: Kidd]
LMITOUT Offline

HotSpotOutdoors Pro Staff

Loc: Ameritopia
I'd be shocked if Zimmerman is acquitted.

**Email** //// **Twitter**.`..`..`..`.><((((>
#3102117 - 07/12/13 04:15 PM
upnorth Offline

Loc: Chisholm, MN USA
Kidd, there is no solid proof Zimmerman started the physical fight. That is pure speculation by the family and prosecution.

If the world were a logical place, men would be the ones who ride horses sidesaddle.

Support our Sponsors
#3102131 - 07/12/13 04:56 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: upnorth]
Dave S Offline

Loc: On the Concours
I'd be surprised if Zimmerman is acquitted as well. Seems to be too many emotions influencing the trial. Including the fact there shouldn't be a trial in the first place. Especially after the arrest warrant was falsified. I guess I'm a little surprised the trial wasn't ended immediately (mistrial) when this was brought into the light.

In the end, there were two people who didn't have an obligation to retreat and by FL law were allowed to "stand their ground". Martin was being followed by someone he didn't known let alone knowing if Zimmerman was a threat or not. Zimmerman also didn't have to retreat. The 2 clashed and IMO the person with the upper hand in the confrontation was shot/killed.
#3102132 - 07/12/13 04:59 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: LMITOUT]
harvey lee Offline
HSO Legacy Member

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT

What evidence is there beyond reasonable doubt that Zimmerman did not shoot Travon believeing he was going to be beaten to death?

NO one can prove Zimmerman was thinking that but with the way his face looked and with traven kicking the h&ll out of him, would we all not fear for our lives to some degree?

if so, then self defense.

I also believe if Zimmerman is found guilty of either charge, they will file for a mistrial. Mark Garagas said this case was full of issues and he believes he would have no trouble with this. Mark is a great defense atty that does know the court as well as anyone.e
I have no idea what the verdict will be but I believe after watching weeks of this trial, that Zimmerman should walk free. Is there some issues with the fact this should not have happened, yes, but that does not change the fact that Zimmerman feared for his life and dur to Travon beating him, he shot him.

#3102140 - 07/12/13 05:20 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: RumRiverRat]
PurpleFloyd Online   content
HSO Legacy Member

Loc: In a fish bowl.
Well, now it appears to be time for the padlock.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
#3102148 - 07/12/13 05:47 PM
LMITOUT Offline

Loc: Ameritopia
Originally Posted By: LMITOUT

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
What evidence is there beyond reasonable doubt that Zimmerman did not shoot Travon believeing he was going to be beaten to death?

NO one can prove Zimmerman was thinking that but with the way his face looked and with traven kicking the h&ll out of him, would we all not fear for our lives to some degree?

if so, then self defense.

I also believe if Zimmerman is found guilty of either charge, they will file for a mistrial. Mark Garagas said this case was full of issues and he believes he would have no trouble with this. Mark is a great defense atty that does know the court as well as anyone.e
I have no idea what the verdict will be but I believe after watching weeks of this trial, that Zimmerman should walk free. Is there some issues with the fact this should not have happened, yes, but that does not change the fact that Zimmerman feared for his life and dur to Travon beating him, he shot him.

I never said he SHOULD be or SHOULDN'T be acquitted.

**Email** //// **Twitter**.`..`..`..`.><((((>
#3102149 - 07/12/13 05:51 PM
Whoaru99 Offline
Sr HSO Family

Loc: Here, USA
Originally Posted By: Kidd

I'm no legal eagle by any ones definition but I have to believe there's much more to it than what you've stated. The way I interpret this is if I go and pick a fight with someone (instigator), and if I start getting my azz handed to me, I can, by law, shoot the guy?

What am I missing here? confused

That is the basic essence of it, albeit simplified a bit too much. Simply getting your a$$ handed to you isn't enough justification. The parts most people overlook when they try to simplify it even more are -

1. Your provocation of the person kicking your a$$ wasn't a felony offense. Simply instigating a fight with words or a punch isn't aggravated/felony assault.
2. Has to be fear of grave bodily harm or death in the eyes of a reasonable person.
3. There was NO other alternative to the use of self defense/deadly force
4. That almost certainly your lawyer will have to prove/demonstrate to the reasonable people on the jury in your trial that 1, 2, & 3 applied to your situation.

Just because there is a knob doesn't mean you should turn it.
#3102168 - 07/12/13 06:57 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: Whoaru99]
RumRiverRat Offline
Sr HSO Family

Loc: St Francis,MN
Martin is no different than a feral hog.

He was a feral youth.

The scumbag got what he deserved.

Good riddance.

I hope the Hispanics riot if Zimmerman is convicted.

Embrace Sarcasm

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure."
-- Thomas Jefferson
2014 Bass:1123
Days Fished:97
#3102180 - 07/12/13 07:39 PM
Slabasaurus Offline
Sr HSO Family

Loc: Blaine, MN
Originally Posted By: RumRiverRat

He was a feral youth.

Good riddance.

Martin is deceased. So the reference to him in the present tense is not grammatically correct.

It should read "Martin was blah blah blah"

If you're going to be an a$shole you should at least be a proper a$shole.

It's not how you swim, it's how you hold your breath;
It's not about playin fair in this life, it's more about cheatin death...

TU Member
Federation of Fly Fishers Member
#3102188 - 07/12/13 08:11 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: Slabasaurus]
harvey lee Offline
HSO Legacy Member

You just said you would be shocked if he was aquitted. Sure sounded like you believed he would be found guilty.

But, you can sit in the middle and post what you please, that is your right.

Some want to make it sound like Travon was an innocent young kid but he did throw the 1st punch. He could have ran away but did not.

#3102189 - 07/12/13 08:22 PM
upnorthvoice Offline
Sr HSOList.com Family

Loc: Itasca
Quote:
Some want to make it sound like Travon was an innocent young kid but he did throw the 1st punch. He could have ran away but did not.

Exactly..

.....also don't bring a bag of skittles to a gun fight.....

#3102190 - 07/12/13 08:24 PM
Canon Guy Offline
Sr HSOList.com Family

Loc: St louis Park
Originally Posted By: RumRiverRat

He was a feral youth.

Good riddance.

I'd like to say I'm surprised to read this type of thing from someone here, but sadly I'm not at all surprised.

Edited by Canon Guy (07/12/13 08:27 PM)
#3102193 - 07/12/13 08:26 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: upnorthvoice]
flipper Offline
Sr HSO Family

Loc: Minnesota
How does anyone know who threw the first punch? It use to be if it were two men fighting they stuck with using their hands. One a kid, one week past 16 years old, the other a 29 year old who seems to be itching to use his pistol since the police didn't want him in their ranks.
Still, I think the dummy will be aquitted because of reasonable doubt. No one of us knows what exactly happened. A young man is dead and it didn't have to happen if some pretty horrible judgement hadn't been used.

The best way to have big bucks is not to shoot that big buck.
#3102195 - 07/12/13 08:26 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: Slabasaurus]
JBMasterAngler Offline
HSO Legacy Member

Loc: White Bear Lake, MN
Zimmerman is going to have a tough uphill battle after he's acquitted. He won't be able to live a normal life for a long time, if ever again. Aside from living with the guilt and remorse of killing someone (even though it was justified), he's going to constantly have to be looking over his shoulder. He'll have to move to Alaska or Canada or something!

As far as Trayvon Martin goes...was he a punk thug? Yes! I firmly believe he had a future full of continuous stints in county lockup, as well as countless hours of community service. But did he deserve to die? I would say no, but it was the ultimate consequence for the actions he chose. He gave Zimmerman an unfair decision to make.

Also, does anyone else think that skittles is paying the media to promote their product? Seriously! It's skittles this, and skittles that! You don't hear much about the arizona iced tea he also had.

And on a side note. I'm 32 years old, I'm 5'11 and about 215 pounds. When I was 17 I was about 150 pounds. The 17 year old version of me would beat the living tar out of the current version of me! So needless to say, I'm tired of hearing everyone say a "kid" couldn't beat up an adult in the manner in which happened to Zimmerman.

Edited by JBMasterAngler (07/12/13 08:46 PM)
#3102200 - 07/12/13 09:06 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: JBMasterAngler]
certified jumbo Offline
Sr HotSpotOutdoors.com Family

Loc: Central MN
RRR..... you are the arm pit of america
#3102201 - 07/12/13 09:09 PM
Re: Zimmerman trial [Re: JBMasterAngler]
RumRiverRat Offline
Sr HSO Family

Loc: St Francis,MN
Martin is where he would have ended up eventually. 6 feet under because he was a piece of garbage.

He picked a fight with a guy carrying a gun and was killed because of it.

Good Riddance.

Burn in hell Trayvon Martin

Embrace Sarcasm

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure."
-- Thomas Jefferson
2014 Bass:1123
Days Fished:97
Use the Share Buttons below, If You Like this topic.
FishingMinnesota
HSO Business
Discover how HSO delivers outdoor marketing.
Guerrilla Tactics Unveiled - Pound this link to see for yourself.

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Dave, Scott K 

We Thank the
Quality Business that
Help Us Have Fun