Home | Ice Fishing Reports | HSOList Classifieds | HSOshow | Resorts,Guides,Boats | Ice Leaders | Business Services | Site Map | OutdoorProStore

@ the Leading Edge:
Search
Featured HSOList Classifieds
22-250 ammo
Vexilar F-12
Custom Built 300 WSM
Field Bred English Springer Spaniel Puppies
Grand Master Bred Black and Yellow Pointing Labs Pups
Black lab puppies
Started lab
New Topics
Hints for Sylvan Lake in Pillager for Fishing with no boundaries
by MikeG3Boat
Best sonar for $500
by DLD24
Watch out for crazy boaters!!
by pikerliker
03:19 PM
Events For You to Enjoy!
On The Forums ...
I-35 Mystery
by bigsam
6 minutes 54 seconds ago
New rod broke!
by th64
12 minutes 43 seconds ago
Packers 2014
by SkunkedAgain
15 minutes 44 seconds ago
St Cloud Fishing Reports
by monstermoose78
16 minutes 13 seconds ago
2013 Alumacraft Classic CS
by sean55337
19 minutes 34 seconds ago
Canned some homegrown chicken tonight
by Bureaucrat
21 minutes 22 seconds ago
Muck Boots supports HSUS
by LightningBG
29 minutes 53 seconds ago
Reverend Al and Ben Crump getting air time again.
by RumRiverRat
49 minutes 50 seconds ago
Zebra Mussels found in Christmas Lake
by RumRiverRat
51 minutes 58 seconds ago
Hints for Sylvan Lake in Pillager for Fishing with no boundaries
by MikeG3Boat
55 minutes 0 seconds ago
Best sonar for $500
by DLD24
59 minutes 52 seconds ago
Audit Push: Time To Act!
by ANYFISH2
Today at 04:21 PM
Lake Vermilion Fishing Q&A
by neptune
Today at 04:10 PM
Winter camping Lake trout advice Please !!
by leech~~
Today at 04:00 PM
pelican lake
by BartmanMN
Today at 03:59 PM
FREE HSOList.com
Classifieds
22-250 ammo
Vexilar F-12
Custom Built 300 WSM
Forum Stats
61533 Members
233 Forums
302190 Topics
2606520 Posts
Share HotSpotOutdoors with family & your good friends.
Who's Online
157 registered Members, 1655 Guests and YOU online now.

Become family and
share HSO.

"i'm having fun"
At the Leading Edge
"!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#2974427 - 12/19/12 05:47 PM
Re: Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports by LOTW Outdoorsman [Re: LOTW_Outdoorsman]
Calvin n Hobbes Offline
Sr HotSpotOutdoors.com Family

Loc: Iowa
Originally Posted By: LOTW_Outdoorsman

Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman

Lake of the Woods Ice Fishing Report 12-17-12

Awesome video report JP, don't get me wrong I appreciate all of the video reports from LOW that are popping up; but the one's from Jean Paul are the absolute best HANDS DOWN!!!

Edited by Calvin n Hobbes (12/19/12 05:47 PM)
#2974797 - 12/20/12 07:05 AM
Re: Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports by LOTW Outdoorsman [Re: Calvin n Hobbes]
student Offline
Sr IceLeaders.com Family

Loc: Moorhead, MN 56560
JP,

How big is the house that you and your wife were fishing in? They look awesome.
#2977821 - 12/23/12 06:39 PM
Re: Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports by LOTW Outdoorsman [Re: student]
boxcar46 Offline
HSOList.com Family

Loc: Brookings, SD
JP

hope you keep the weekly shows coming!!!
#2979021 - 12/25/12 05:24 PM
Re: Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports by LOTW Outdoorsman [Re: LOTW_Outdoorsman]
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Loc: Baudette, MN
Merry Christmas and welcome back to another edition of the Lake of the Woods Outdoormsman on beautiful Lake of the Woods. In this episode you'll get the opportunity to see us fish in 24 - 25 feet of water just of Adrian's Road in one of the new Ice Cabins. There was plenty of activity, just a ton of small Saugers are roaming the mud flats right now, and a few MONSTER Sturgeon (as you'll see at the end of the video).

The dead stick method has been the best with this finicky bite that we're experiencing right now, but make sure to have your Charmers and Hot Tamale's all charged up before you throw them down the hole. Live chubs have been out producing the frozen Shiner this last week. The temp has been dropping everyday and it hit -13 below zero F last night. The plus is that we're making ice, the minus is that the fluctuation has slowed down the bite, just a bit. This is great news for the masses wanting to get the wheel houses out on Adrian's Road.

We just moved 3 houses in with the rest of Ryan Donat's houses with Bayview Lodge in 29 feet of water. We're searching for those nice Walleyes, which that pursuit never ends. This week all the Ice Cabins are rented out and ready to put the hottest baits to the test...make sure to see what we're using in next weeks episode.

Merry Christmas again and as always, Happy Fishing and God Bless!

Lake of the Woods Ice Fishing Report Video 12-25-12
#2979022 - 12/25/12 05:25 PM
Re: Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports by LOTW Outdoorsman [Re: student]
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

10x20 4-man sleeper
#2979037 - 12/25/12 06:07 PM
Deep Offline
HSOShow.com Family

Loc: Wabasha, Mn
Keep them coming, great fight. Merry Christmas.
#2985255 - 01/02/13 07:46 AM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

#2985319 - 01/02/13 08:58 AM
Sifty Offline
HotSpotOutdoors Pro Staff

Loc: Farmington Mn
As always nice to see the video's.

Sifty

1997 Dakota County State Flipping Champ

Check out these great people
Fishing Minnesota Contributors
HSO Arctic Armor - I Got Mine Here.
Cancer can be beat it all starts here.
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/DON/DON_0.asp
#2988521 - 01/05/13 02:27 PM
Re: Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports by LOTW Outdoorsman [Re: Sifty]
Jared_P Offline
Sr IceLeaders.com Family

Loc: Sauk Rapids, MN
JP~ Just wondering what program you use for editing footage.
#2994149 - 01/11/13 07:11 AM
Re: Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports by LOTW Outdoorsman [Re: Jared_P]
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Adobe Premier Pro CS5.5
#2994151 - 01/11/13 07:12 AM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Heading up north right now to the Northwest Angle to shoot next weeks episode! Enjoy the video and as always, Happy Fishing and God Bless.

Lake of the Woods Ice Fishing Report Video 1-9-13
#3000770 - 01/17/13 08:19 PM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Welcome back to another edition of the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman. In this episode I had the opportunity to visit my good friends with the Red Fox Ice Fishing Company out of the Angle Outpost, Minnesota's North West Angle, and head to Canada for a day of Crappie fishing.

We caught more Walleye and Sauger than you can shake a stick at, but only found about 15 small crappies throughout the trip...I guess that's just fishing. The smaller the better on this fine January day was the ticket...Pink and Gold, 1/8 oz and under. They were acting very finicky as they have been on the south end of the lake. Maybe the good Lord is just saving a few for summer fishing...

The scenic views from the trip are amazing in itself. I hope everyone gets the chance to do this one day, it's simply exhilarating.

Happy Fishing and God Bless.

Lake of the Woods Ice Fishing Report Video 1-17-13
#3007451 - 01/24/13 07:51 PM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Welcome back to another edition of the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman. In this weeks episode the fishing was a bite slower, but were still getting a lot of lookers which leads me to believe, we might have biters pretty soon. Lots of small Sauger, but I personally witnessed the Pink Charmer in prime form tonight just as the snow started to fall. 5 Walleye in 2 hours of fishing this evening, but the guys next door only had 2...lots of lookers though.

Were fishing in 35 feet of water heading to the bowl, but heard through the grapevine that 28' of water has been showing some promise this week. Bring the glow colors for the overcast days, but always have a little gold with you, and when the sun peeks out get that gold on. 1-3" is where you want to be, but reel up to those suspended fish you see...big Walleyes roaming.

Happy Fishing and God Bless!

Lake of the Woods Ice Fishing Report 1-23-13
#3011598 - 01/29/13 04:23 PM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Welcome back to another edition of the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman. In this episode, the Cropduster and I headed north for a few hours of fishing on Sunday afternoon. Thank you to everyone that has visited us this winter, it's truly because of you that we have this opportunity to try and live a life worth living.

What we found on our journey north was many Saugers and a few large Walleyes hanging out in the deep mud off the rock structures. Many of these active fish were just 1-3 inches off the bottom, and many were regurgitating bugs and had beat up bottom lips. I could only imagine those beat up bottom lips came from digging up the bottom for those bugs. During the evening we move onto the rocks and caught a few smaller Walleyes, but had the best success deep.

I hope everyone enjoys the fishing report and the ministry. We are all servants in one way or another, and I am humble and honored to be yours on Lake of the Woods. Happy Fishing and God Bless.

Lake of the Woods Ice Fishing Report Video 1-29-13
#3046692 - 03/16/13 09:36 AM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Welcome back to another edition of the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman. In this episode, I have the pleasure of showing you a few of the last guests of the year and discuss the hot spots for the last few weeks of ice fishing on Lake of the Woods. Thank you to everyone that has watched and promoted these humble fishing reports...it is because of you that I have this opportunity and that never will be forgotten.

It was -10 this morning and we could hit -25 with the windchill tomorrow morning...what this means is we'll be ice fishing out there for the next few weeks for sure. There are still plenty of resorts taking people ice fishing and for now the roads are all open. I will be running portable ice fishing trips for the rest of the hard water season, my sleepers are off the lake.

If you're coming up and only have a vehicle with a wheel house or portable, call Adrian's Resort! The word on the street is that they are absolutely crushing fish at the end of their east road, which runs towards Knight Island out in the mud. If you have a sled and portable, then hit the rock piles up and down the US/Canadian line, Long Point and Rocky Point...stick to the deep water around the rock during the day and then move onto the rock later during the day. When 4 PM hits I'd work your way back into the Gaps and along Pine Island. It hasn't been a sure thing every night, but when it's on, IT'S ON!

If you're looking at the open water/Rainy River Walleye and Sturgeon fishing and want to have the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman show you the way this spring, please contact Janelle Fish for all reservations at (218) 280-1674.

Thank you all again for making my first year of business on my own, one to remember...Happy Fishing and God Bless!

Lake of the Woods Ice Fishing Report Video 3-15-13
#3082405 - 05/18/13 05:46 PM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Welcome back to the next episode of the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman. Before I start, I must say thank you to all those who make this possible...it truly is because of you that we get this opportunity. The Minnesota Walleye fishing season is back upon us on Lake of the Woods and our fishery is in prime form. With the late ice thaw, the Walleyes are just a few weeks behind schedule, which is to our advantage.

The female Walleyes have been stacking up in Four Mile Bay after the spawn, but we see them moving out to the lake with in the next week. There might be another wave coming out again, but right now that's total speculation. The 12-14 foot range most definitely produced the most fish in the bay, but come next week, we might see the fish in the 18-24' range on the lake in the gaps (Morris and Lighthouse).

The Pink/Gold and Chartreuse/Gold 1/2oz rattle jig by JR's Tackle produced the best in the bay and the river on these days because of the current flow and the water clarity. Earlier in the spring while the flow was down the CoopDuster and River Dancer by Tom's Tackle ruled the roost. The bait of choice should be the frozen shiner, but the live Rainbow and Chubb minnows have also been effective.

Thank you for your continued support of Lake of the Woods and the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman. Happy Fishing and God Bless.

#3090267 - 06/07/13 11:19 AM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Welcome back to the next episode of the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman. Before I start, I must say thank you to all those who make this possible. In this episode you'll witness Canadian Walleye fishing, and hear the report from the Minnesota (South side) of Lake of the Woods from our great friend and fellow Lake of the Woods Captain, Shane "Wiggles" Burk.

The past few weeks I've had the opportunity to fish the Canadian side of Lake of the Woods from Burton Island to Deep Water Bay, while I was opening up the Big Thumb Angle Outpost on Oak Island in Minnesota's Northwest Angle. We found Walleye, Smallmouth Bass and Perch anywhere from 8 - 27' off the rocks/gravel...It was awesome! Wiggles has been posted up on the other side of Pine Island during that same time period, and the Walleyes are snapping. Anchored and jigging from 8-24' in the Gaps has been the most effective method. Trolling along Pine Island with number 7 plugs, and drifting with spinners have also caught fish...the method is all up to you.

Congratulations to Phil Hathaway from the Twin Cities for correctly answering last weeks Lake of the Woods Trivia question...Lake of the Islands...enjoy the hat Sir. For this weeks Lake of the Woods Trivia question, please send your responses to lakeofthewoodsoutdoorsman@gmail.com, and good luck!

Thank you for watching and visiting our tremendous fishery...Happy Fishing and God Bless!

#3101369 - 07/10/13 07:15 PM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Welcome back to another edition of the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman. Before I go any further, Jody and I wanted to thank each person and business that has given us so much...it truly is because of you that we have this opportunity. In this episode, Wiggles delivers another stunning South end Fishing Report and Jody delivers the trivia all so eloquently.

The Walleye, Smally and Muskies are hungry and feeding relentlessly on those fish flies and crawfish right now, but the crawlers are tasting mighty good to the Walleye especially. The jig bite is back out front in 32.5'...the rattle jigs are producing more in my boat...frozen shiner scales are thick in my boat...

Thank you for all your continued support and as always, Happy Fishing and God Bless.

#3118013 - 08/28/13 10:31 AM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Welcome back to another edition of the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman. Before I go any further, we must stop and thank everyone that has given us this opportunity...it truly is because of you that, so we must say thank you.

Wiggles delivers another in depth look at Walleye fishing on the southend and Jody continues to test your brain with some more Lake of the Woods Trivia. This August has been an unbelievable month of fishing and exploring on Lake of the Woods, US & Canadian waters combined. The fish have been scattered, but are starting to congregate for the mud jig bite on the Southend of the lake and those Walleyes up north in Canada are really starting to pile on top of the rock structures. Musky fishing has been hot in the mornings and evening with this warmer weather we're experiencing. A few nights ago right at dark I boated the biggest Muskie of my life with my great friend and fellow guide, Dave "Rabbit" Winters.

Thanks again for tuning in and we hope to see you back in September for the next adventures on Lake of the Woods with the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman and Friends.

Happy Fishing and God Bless...

#3131385 - 09/30/13 09:34 PM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Welcome back to another edition of the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman. In this episode we head north to the Islands for some extraordinary days of fishing for Walleye, Perch and Crappie. This September the Walleyes, Black Bear and Geese have been on my radar and the guns are back in action.

Wiggles delivers another fantastic fishing report for the south end of Lake of the Woods and Jody teases you brain with another Lake of the Woods Trivia question. The Walleyes have been hanging out on the lake side of Pine island in 22-28' of water...Fall fishing is expected to be fabulous on the Rainy River this season.

Thank you all for watching and we hope you enjoy the journey...Happy Fishing and God Bless.

#3131480 - 10/01/13 04:57 AM
curt quesnell Offline
HotSpotOutdoors Pro Staff

Loc: Thief River Falls, Mn
I love it. Great job JP

Curt Quesnell
NCOR Radio podcasts at NorthCountry Outdoors Radio
Crestliner Pro Staff
Mercury Pro Staff
Lindy Pro Staff
Humminbird/MinnKota Pro Staff
NPAA#259
#3134448 - 10/07/13 08:42 PM
eyehunter78 Offline
HotSpotOutdoors.com Family

Loc: Winsted,MN.
JP love your reports especially the videos. Keep up the great work. Can't wait for the hard water season. Keep a tight line and god bless!
#3157318 - 11/25/13 12:01 AM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Welcome back to another edition of the Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman. Thank you to all that make this life possible. With Thanksgiving on the horizon, we have much to give thanks about in our humble lives. We give thanks and praise for all we have and all we're allowed to do on a daily basis...we are so blessed.

Before we go any further, we need to remind you all that ice fishing is only a few days/weeks away (depending on what you plan on fishing in) on the worlds best hard water fishery, Lake of the Woods. If you'd like to make a reservation in one of the 4 Lake of the Woods Outdoorsman's Sleeper Ice Houses, please call Janelle Fish at 218-280-1674.

This Fall edition was a tremendous opportunity to live out...Fishing, Duck Hunting and Deer Hunting. Throughout this journey it has presented new challenges and obstacles, which gave me an opportunity to be taken to school and learn every single day.

In this edition we fish and hunt with great friends and take full advantage of all Lake of the Woods has to offer. Jody delivers another amazing brain teaser with Lake of the Woods Trivia, all so eloquently...I love my wife. Reed Realty allows us access to view one of the most desirable properties in Lake of the Woods County. It might be dreaming for us, but it might be reality for you.

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless...

#3161228 - 12/02/13 09:21 AM
LOTW_Outdoorsman Offline

Hope this November 30th, 2 hour ice fishing adventure gets your motor racing for this coming ice fishing season on the Walleye Capital of the World, and right now, the World's Best Hard Water Fishery, Lake of the Woods.

As always, Happy Fishing and God Bless...

#3161641 - 12/02/13 06:49 PM
driverjugs Offline
Jr HSOList.com Family

Another good video,I look forward to your ice fishing videos!
Use the Share Buttons below, If You Like this topic.
FishingMinnesota
HSO Business
Discover how HSO delivers outdoor marketing.
Guerrilla Tactics Unveiled - Pound this link to see for yourself.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  curt quesnell, fiskyknut, vman11 

We Thank the
Quality Business that
Help Us Have Fun