Home | Fishing Reports | HSOList Classifieds | HSOshow | Resorts | Ice Leaders | Business Services | Site Map | OutdoorProStore
@ the Leading Edge:
Search
Featured HSOList Classifieds
lowrance HDS 7
Mouse Cortisol ELISA Kit
Replacement for SONY 9J.N0U82.001 keyboard
Muskrat floats
Replacement for FUJITSU Lifebook A3210 fan
hummingbird 798ci side imaging brand new
Vexilar for Sale
New Topics
Flying with archery gear
by vister
11:17 PM
Time to start up mineral sites
by Fever
10:29 PM
Cables for new Lowrance GPS
by skibass
09:36 PM
Events For You to Enjoy!
On The Forums ...
Anchor in your bass boat?
by Search Function
12:40 AM
For you farmer haters
by DrJill
12:29 AM
Wheelhouse pivot for tire
by JakeJ_Mn
11:48 PM
Just got home from the Taxi
by Walleye Guy
11:42 PM
GPS Puck Removal Question
by scaup
11:33 PM
How do you store your portable??
by JakeJ_Mn
11:24 PM
Flying with archery gear
by vister
11:17 PM
Protecting wheel house frame
by JakeJ_Mn
11:13 PM
So where do your tax dollars go?
by delcecchi
11:09 PM
Selling arms?
by LMITOUT
11:03 PM
Junk yard motors
by Snowking
10:54 PM
Eating outside
by deerminator
10:44 PM
Garage Builders
by Surface Tension
10:41 PM
Cooking Turkey Tips from you experts
by Ballyhoo
10:37 PM
Time to start up mineral sites
by Fever
10:29 PM
FREE HSOList.com
Classifieds
lowrance HDS 7
Mouse Cortisol ELISA Kit
Replacement for SONY 9J.N0U82.001 keyboard
Forum Stats
61068 Members
257 Forums
301820 Topics
2574432 Posts
Share HotSpotOutdoors with family & your good friends.
Who's Online
56 registered Members, 768 Guests and YOU online now.

Become family and
share HSO.

"i'm having fun"
At the Leading Edge
"!!

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#2879846 - 07/20/12 09:34 PM
Pea Soup Report...
Matt Breuer Offline
Ice Team Pro

Loc: Bemidji, MN, USA
Lake Bemidji the past 10 days has been riding in that 74-79 degree range, and the lake looks like pea soup. I think we're about 2 weeks ahead for the big algae bloom... I've been out with clients in this brutal heat and have been less concerned with staying on pods of fish, and more concerned with working water and getting reaction bites.

Tues. I was out with a pair from Chicago who were an absolute blast. We fished 4-9' of water with Lindy Shadlings and managed 27 walleyes and 2 pike in the 4 hour trip. The pike was a blast, and was one of the heftiest specimens I've seen from Lake Bemidji in years...

Wed. I was out midday and the fishing was much slower. In 4 hours we only managed 8 walleyes and a couple of pike. Again we worked cranks over that 4-9' of water, and also tried blades up shallow, and pulled leadcore out deep. Fish were just off for us the whole trip.

Thurs. myself and a couple of others had a large bachelor party out for half a day. I again decided to work water and found some fish in areas I had fished previously in the week, but struck gold on a different troll later in the day. My boat filled out and had a 23" and 25-26" fish in the mix. #5 Lindy Shading in Tulibee was the ticket. Trolled in 3-8' of water at 2.4mph.

Matthew Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
(218)444-6479

Ice Team - "Join the Team"
www.IceTeam.com

If you would like to see a new fishing report, have a lake related question or would like to share a fishing report post at the bottom of my Bemidji Area fishing reports - Click here for the Bemidji Area Fishing reports. I will get back to you as soon as I can. We're here to have fun.
#2880291 - 07/22/12 11:39 AM
Re: Pea Soup Report... [Re: Matt Breuer]
IMPT7T Offline
Jr HSOList.com Family

Loc: Forest View, Il
I read your report about the big algae bloom in 2 weeks on Bemidji. We will be arriving at the State park on August 3 rd. Does this mean we should forget about fishing? Anything special we should do? I am not looking for any secrets, just general information. Thanks.
#2880625 - 07/23/12 07:46 AM
Re: Pea Soup Report... [Re: IMPT7T]
Matt Breuer Offline
Ice Team Pro

Loc: Bemidji, MN, USA
SOrry if I stated it incorrectly, I meant to say that the big algae bloom we have in early August came early this year. It's happening now...

Don't forget about the fishing. It remains good! To optimize your luck, fish early and late...

Matthew Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
(218)444-6479

Ice Team - "Join the Team"
www.IceTeam.com

If you would like to see a new fishing report, have a lake related question or would like to share a fishing report post at the bottom of my Bemidji Area fishing reports - Click here for the Bemidji Area Fishing reports. I will get back to you as soon as I can. We're here to have fun.
Use the Share Buttons below, If You Like this topic.
FishingMinnesota
HSO Business
Have you seen the HotSpotOutdoors Facebook page? Pound this link to see for yourself and Like please.

We Thank the
Quality Business that
Help Us Have Fun