Home | Ice Fishing Reports | HSOList Classifieds | HSOshow | Resorts,Guides,Boats | Ice Leaders | Business Services | Site Map | OutdoorProStore

@ the Leading Edge:
Search
Featured HSOList Classifieds
HUMMINBIRD ICE 55
PSE Stingray
Browning X Bolt 300 Win mag, Left handed
Frabill Guardian
custom rattle reels
2013 custom built 21? RV ICE CASTLE
Affordable NorthWoods Retreat/Recreation Destination
New Topics
itasca state park.
by polaris boy
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
Landscapes from Last 2 weeks
by Paul
Yesterday at 10:40 PM
Red Tail Hawk
by Paul
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Events For You to Enjoy!
Oct 16-18, A fun time for families !
On The Forums ...
TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEDDY!!

by zepman
01:37 AM
Finally
by Lunker
12:49 AM
Roger's liquor license
by Agronomist_at_IA
12:24 AM
Leech Lake knife.
by Agronomist_at_IA
11:40 PM
MN Deer Audit Petition: Sign And Spread The Word
by Bureaucrat
11:04 PM
Vikes vs Aints??
by zepman
10:58 PM
My vexilar double vision does not last all day what can I do?
by pushbutton
10:57 PM
itasca state park.
by polaris boy
10:49 PM
Gopher Football 2014
by zepman
10:48 PM
Cement steps repair Help!
by corncob
10:46 PM
Landscapes from Last 2 weeks
by Paul
10:40 PM
Red Tail Hawk
by Paul
10:37 PM
Novel idea
by swamptiger
10:36 PM
Hunting reports....
by 1eyeReD
10:23 PM
Climbing deer stands
by 92python
10:21 PM
FREE HSOList.com
Classifieds
HUMMINBIRD ICE 55
PSE Stingray
Browning X Bolt 300 Win mag, Left handed
Forum Stats
61617 Members
233 Forums
302954 Topics
2616595 Posts
Share HotSpotOutdoors with family & your good friends.
Who's Online
6 registered Members, 567 Guests and YOU online now.

Become family and
share HSO.

"i'm having fun"
At the Leading Edge
"!!

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 ... 33 34 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1687393 - 01/07/09 10:53 AM
Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions
Rick Offline
HotSpotOutdoors Developer

Loc: Great ol' US of A
Go ahead and post Alexandria Minnesota ( MN ) Area fishing reports only in this thread.

Lot's of good info below already. Newer Reports are on pages that follow. Thanks.

Where ever you go there you are. smile
#1691676 - 01/09/09 09:46 AM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: redtail]
carpmanjake Offline
Sr HSOList.com Family

Loc: Minnesota
crappies are up shallow, sight fishing along reed beds is a good idea.

pike are in weed beds, my bigger pike have been coming off spearing decoys on a quick strike rig.

alot of panfish are along reed beds and any other weed beds. eurolarvea are producing more crappie and sunfish then minnows.

walleye i have found in 20' deep runs between points, islands, and offshore humps.

i caught a few 5lb class fish in a 20 foot hole on the main lake bay on le hommedieu just south of government point.

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT BULLETIN FOR ALL MINNESOTA FISH!
Jake is on the prowl. Jake should be considered armed (with a fishing pole) and dangerous (to all things that swim).
#1701820 - 01/14/09 01:09 PM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: carpmanjake]
Rick Offline
HotSpotOutdoors Developer

Loc: Great ol' US of A
Thanks Jake!!!

Where ever you go there you are. smile
#1716158 - 01/21/09 11:00 AM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: Rick]
hhguide Offline
HotSpotOutdoors Pro Staff

Loc: Alexandria MN
I thought I would post some general information. As of late the walleye bite has started to slow down in most areas but they are still being caught. Look on weedlines that have points and inside corners. Plain hook and minnow would be a good choice for most lakes. The crappies and sunnies are hitting around the area, but the travel is limited if you put into a little time and find a school I would set up shop and wouldnt plan on moving much. Lindy rattling spoons for crappies and really small hooks/jigs for sunnies. Is what I have found is working best. good luck. I will try to be posting weekly to help FMERS out!

Edited by hhguide (01/21/09 11:10 AM)
#1716242 - 01/21/09 11:38 AM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: hhguide]
goose89 Offline
Sr HSOList.com Family

Loc: south metro via west central m...
Thanks hh for the report.
#1728067 - 01/27/09 11:55 AM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: goose89]
hhguide Offline

Here is this weeks report. With the colder temperatures the walleye fishing has slowed for the most part but in some areas but the crappies and nice sunfish are really starting to bite on the cabbage beds or sometimes suspending out in 20 to 30 feet of water. With the colder temperatures I am either downsizing or make my lure bigger than normal to try and intise those bigger fish to bite. Good Luck. With the warmer temperatures expected this weekend I'm hoping the walleyes will start to pick up for a few last swings before the end of the season.
#1728683 - 01/27/09 05:10 PM
Josher Offline
HSOShow.com Family

Thanks for the report HH. Do you ever fish Ida? If so, any thoughts on what depth I should start looking for walleyes? I have not been in the Alex area for about a month. We were getting them in about 20ft along the weed line, but only for a short time at dawn and dusk.

I'm meeting some friends there for a weekend of fishing. We'll be on the lake most of the day, so my guess is we'll need to be in shallow 20ish in the morning and evening, and out deeper 25-35 during the day, but that is just a guess. Alot can change in a month. About half of the guys do not fish much at all, so I'm hoping we can get them on the fish so they have fun. They don't enjoy just being out there quite as much as me. :-) I'll sit there all day staring at my electronics with no bites and call it a great day. Any help on where to start drilling would be much appreciated.

Oh, also, we have typically fished the shore breaks, so you think we need to go out to the humps to find the walleye, or will they still be roaming around? Any idea?

The Fishing Foodie
Fishing And Food. That's What It's All About.
#1729661 - 01/28/09 07:19 AM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: Josher]
hhguide Offline

Josher shoot me an email I can help you out on depths alittle I have been out on ida in about that long either but I can suggest a few things
#1730382 - 01/28/09 12:19 PM
Josher Offline
HSOShow.com Family

Thanks Drake, I sent you an email earlier this morning.

The Fishing Foodie
Fishing And Food. That's What It's All About.
#1740204 - 02/03/09 07:19 AM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: Josher]
hhguide Offline

The fishing report for this past weekend. Firday night before the warmup we caught a few walleyes but the bite was slow. On saturday we ended up with a group trageting some panfish and did well. Catching both Crappies and Sunnies in 12 to 13 feet in thick weed beds. On sunday the bite slowed significantly so we shifted gears and went after some perch. Ended up catching 12 perch 9.5 to 11 inches. Those were up real shallow 6 to 7 feet on a large flat. With the weather warming up I hope the fishing will sustain for a good late season bite. Also good luck for any of you fishing in the Alexandria Ice Fishing Challenge.
#1744137 - 02/05/09 05:34 AM
nascar 09 Offline
Hello I'm New

Loc: mn Inver grove heights
alex contest what are the deepths that we will be fishing and what part of the lake is it at ? also seems to me that the lake has alot of weeds in it doesnt that hinder you sight fishing ?
#1746098 - 02/06/09 06:26 AM
Chef Offline
Sr HotSpotOutdoors.com Family

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Originally Posted By: hhguide
The fishing report for this past weekend. Firday night before the warmup we caught a few walleyes but the bite was slow. On saturday we ended up with a group trageting some panfish and did well. Catching both Crappies and Sunnies in 12 to 13 feet in thick weed beds. On sunday the bite slowed significantly so we shifted gears and went after some perch. Ended up catching 12 perch 9.5 to 11 inches. Those were up real shallow 6 to 7 feet on a large flat. With the weather warming up I hope the fishing will sustain for a good late season bite. Also good luck for any of you fishing in the Alexandria Ice Fishing Challenge.

HH, Were you on Ida? I'm thinking of making a run up there next weekend and I have 4-Wheeler, no sled. Last time I went up the slush and snow made it nearly impossible to travel. Any advice you can give on wheeler travel would be appreciated.
#1746342 - 02/06/09 08:19 AM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: Chef]
Wayne Ek Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Minn
Chef, I have not been on Ida or Miltona for a couple of weeks. We are targetting some of the smaller lakes. The slush and water problems have diminished considerably on most of the lakes. I have not had any problems moving around with my wheeler, on most of the small lakes.

"Babes do not tremble when they are shown a golf ball, but I should not like to own the boy whose hair does not lift his hat when he sees his first deer."
-- Aldo Leopold -- A Sand County Alamanac--

#1746456 - 02/06/09 09:17 AM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: Wayne Ek]
Chef Offline

Great news, Agape, thanks for your reply!
#1746533 - 02/06/09 09:46 AM
hhguide Offline

Yup Wayne said it. Its still alittle tough to get around but its at least possible now!
#1750283 - 02/09/09 07:50 AM
schr0563 Offline

Loc: Eden Prairie, MN, USA
Four of us spent Friday and Saturday on the ice.

Started at Minnewaska on Friday morning. We caught bluegill after bluegill for two hours straight, but not a single one was over 8 inches so we packed it in and headed to Miltona.

Was on the lake by 4:30. Tried to get to our evening walleye spot but got stuck several times and ended up setting up .6 miles from our "honey hole." We were disappointed, and after digging out we were in no condition to walk to the spot. Only got 4 small fish in 32 feet of water as the sun went down. Tried shallower as well, up to 15 feet, and didn't even mark a fish.

Next morning we went back to Miltona in search of panfish. Ended up getting about 30 bluegills and 8 really nice crappies. Caught them in about 10-12 feet of water on a weedy flat.
#1751030 - 02/09/09 02:37 PM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: schr0563]
hhguide Offline

The Report for 2/9/09
This past weekend with the warmer temperatures people were out fishing everywhere. Crappies and sunnies are still biting in the thick weed beds. As for the walleyes were tried a bit deeper and did well fishing depths from 24 to 28 feet of water. With Lindy forage minnows or plain hooks and fat heads. Good luck only a few more weeks left to chase the walleyes so get your time in.
#1754532 - 02/11/09 06:17 AM
Chef Offline

I checked the Weather Web site to get a feel for the amount of Rain that just fell the past two days and I didn't see that it had rained in the Alex area at all--but, by the looks of some newer posts it looks like it rained.

If you have any updates on travel conditions specifically on Ida I would appreciate them. I'm using the 4-Wheeler this weekend.
#1758224 - 02/12/09 07:34 PM
tram Offline
HotSpotOutdoors.com Family

Is the snow gone on the lakes ,I want to fish reno on sat can i get around with my truck now , last time up I had to use atv.
#1759634 - 02/13/09 02:26 PM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: tram]
bigTvik Offline
Hello I'm New

Loc: Hutchinson,MN
Well i went out on wednesday and got my house off lake mary and the main road out was under water of about 6" most the way out.got to my house witch was under 2" of water. Still some snow out there but a lot of water.and yes we got a lot of rain.rained off and for three days one day was a good dousing all day and night.I live on maple lake and its still covered with snow all hard.i imagine its all froze now but probably will find some slush pockets.
#1762810 - 02/15/09 09:58 PM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: bigTvik]
FCspringer Offline

Loc: Alexandria Lakes Area MN
Yes we seem to be in our own world here, the snow just will not go away, hopefuly soon, This is the year I have fished the least around here in a long time. But late Ice out should make for a nice panfish run as the Ice does go off. I wouldn't hold out a bunch of hope for stringers of walleyes right now. There isn't much hapening anywhere here now. You are better off sorting through some panfish at least you can have some fun and get a meal.I live in Garfield and the guys that I know are not catching much now.

When you think you are smarter then your dog ask yourself "who cleans up who's doodoo"
#1766037 - 02/17/09 05:48 PM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: FCspringer]
hhguide Offline

The Alexandria Lakes area was hot this past weekend. With the warming temperatures and spring weather on the mind the sunnies and crappies were really snapping on the baits. Fishing depths are from 9 to 11 feet of water in green weed beds. With the warming temperatures also came the walleye bite, with some people reporting some nice fish being caught and released. Those depths ranged but primarily 23 to 27 feet of water. Good luck!
#1766056 - 02/17/09 05:55 PM
pwally Offline
HotSpotOutdoors.com Family

Loc: Southwest MN
Any suggestions on what lake to try and where? I don't ice fish much but might be up in Alex this weekend and would like to take my son out to catch some crappies, sunnies or bluegills. My wife's parents live on Latoka but we haven't had much luck on that lake in the past. Any suggestions on lake and where to go on the lake would be appreciated.
#1766191 - 02/17/09 06:58 PM
Ruegs23 Offline
HSOList.com Family

Loc: Saint Stephen, MN
HHGUIDE,
We like to hit Lehomme D.., I'll butcher the name, lake. We come on the access by lake Carlos, is this access still in good condition? I am thinking of coming up Sunday.
Thanks!

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an [PoorWordUsage].
#1766196 - 02/17/09 07:00 PM
Re: Alexandria Fishing Reports - Minnesota MN - Ice Conditions [Re: pwally]
FCspringer Offline

Loc: Alexandria Lakes Area MN
Originally Posted By: pwally
Any suggestions on what lake to try and where? I don't ice fish much but might be up in Alex this weekend and would like to take my son out to catch some crappies, sunnies or bluegills. My wife's parents live on Latoka but we haven't had much luck on that lake in the past. Any suggestions on lake and where to go on the lake would be appreciated.

well you can get a few fish on LeHomideu straight out in front of the west access where the croud is about 200 yards out or so, some sorting but you can have some fun and sight fish in shallower about 10 feet. Ask around out there and someone will show you where to fish for some sunnies.

When you think you are smarter then your dog ask yourself "who cleans up who's doodoo"
Use the Share Buttons below, If You Like this topic.
FishingMinnesota
HSO Business
Discover how HSO delivers outdoor marketing.
Guerrilla Tactics Unveiled - Pound this link to see for yourself.

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 ... 33 34 >

Moderator:  Chad Peterson, clayton08, Wayne Ek 

We Thank the
Quality Business that
Help Us Have Fun